Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do if there are no available appointments?

Appointments are only available three (3) weeks in advance. If no appointments are available they have been filled for those weeks. Continue to monitor the website as appointments could open on a daily basis.

Is there a waitlist?

Not at this time. We schedule appointments on a first-come-first-serve basis three (3) weeks in advance.

What happens if I'm late to my appointment?

To ensure all appointments are met in a timely manner we provide a five (5) minute grace period. If you exceed that grace period your appointment will be cancelled.

Do I need to bring any documents with me if I have been previously divorced?

Yes. If you have been divorced within the last two (2) years you will need to bring your order of dissolution.

What if my Identification Card is expired?

All parties must bring a government issued Identification Card to confirm identity. Expired Identification Cards will not be accepted.

I am an ordained minister; do I need to register with the County Clerk?

No, you do not need to register with this office to perform a marriage ceremony.

There is a mistake on my marriage license. How do I fix that?

If you have already been married, call our office at 1-800-201-8999 to determine next steps. If you have not gotten married yet you need to purchase a new license.

I lost my license, can you reprint another one?

Unfortunately no, you will need to purchase a new license.

My sister was ordained online. Is that legal? Can she do my ceremony?

As long as she has ordination papers from that faith she may conduct the ceremony. Please check the paperwork carefully. Some sites are “For entertainment use only”.

How can I pay?

We accept:

  • Cash
  • Check: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. Valid identification of the signer is required at time of purchase.
  • Money order: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
  • Debit/Credit card: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa ($1.75 service fee and maximum limit of $15,000)
  • Apple Pay and Samsung Pay: ($1.75 service fee and maximum limit of $15,000)

We do not accept:

  • E-Check
  • Temporary check
  • Foreign check (with the exception of Canada and Mexico)
Icon - Close