Skip to Content

In-Person Marriage License Appointment

Marriage Eligibility Requirements

Couples seeking to be married in Los Angeles County are encouraged to review the full list of eligibility requirements before applying or making an appointment.

Public Health and Safety Guidelines

All offices will follow Los Angeles County public health and safety guidelines.

You are required to wear a face mask when visiting our Norwalk office.

Make an Appointment

Appointments can be scheduled up to two (2) weeks in advance.

Save your Confirmation # once you complete the application.

Once your application is complete you can make an appointment. Remember to bring a valid photo ID.


If you completed your marriage license application and were unable to book an in-person appointment, save your confirmation number and click here to check for available dates and times.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What can I do if there are no available appointments? Appointments are only available two (2) weeks in advance. If no appointments are available then they have been filled for those weeks. Continue to monitor the website as appointments could open on a daily basis.
  • Is there a waitlist? Not at this time. We schedule appointments on a first-come-first-serve basis two (2) weeks in advance.
  • What happens if I'm late to my appointment? To ensure all appointments are met in a timely manner we provide a five (5) minute grace period. If you exceed that grace period your appointment will be cancelled.
  • Do I need to bring any documents with me if I have been previously divorced? Yes. If you have been divorced within the last two (2) years you will need to bring your order of dissolution.
  • What if my Identification Card is expired? All parties must bring a government issued Identification Card to confirm identity. Expired Identification Cards will not be accepted.
  • How can I pay?
    Check: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. Valid identification of the signer is required at time of purchase.
    Money orders: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
    Debit/Credit card: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa ($1.75 service fee)

    We do not accept:

    • E-Check
    • Temporary checks
    • Foreign checks (with the exception of Canada and Mexico)

    If a temporary or foreign check is received, the request will be rejected and sent back to the submitter requesting a new method of payment.

Icon - Close