Birth Record In-Person Appointment
Our office records and maintains birth records in Los Angeles County since 1866.
If the birth occurred outside of Los Angeles County or California, click here.
Public Health and Safety Guidelines
All offices will follow Los Angeles County public health and safety guidelines.
You are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask when visiting our offices.
When Will I Receive My Copy?
- 1963 to the present (except 1972-1977): on your scheduled appointment
- 1972-1977: are mailed within 20 business days
- 1866-1962: are mailed within 20 business days
- All Informational Certified Copies: are mailed within 20 business days
Fees and Payment Options
Authorized Certified Copy: $32
Fees are nonrefundable. A "No Record Statement" will be issued if a record is not found.
- Check: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. Valid identification of the signer is required at time of purchase.
- Money orders: Make payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
- Debit/Credit card: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa ($1.75 service fee)
We do not accept:
- Temporary checks
- Foreign checks (with the exception of Canada and Mexico)
If a temporary or foreign check is received, the request will be rejected and sent back to the submitter requesting a new method of payment.
Make an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled up to two (2) weeks in advance. Only one appointment per day. Appointments are non-transferable.
Save your Confirmation # once you complete the application.
Once your application is complete you can make an appointment. Remember to bring a valid photo ID.
Only one person per appointment allowed.
Make a Birth, Death or Marriage copy appointment:
If you completed your birth records request application and were unable to book an in-person appointment, save your confirmation number and click here to check for available dates and times.