Skip to Content

Unlawful Detainer Assistant - Corporation/Partnership

How to Apply

Designated kiosks will be available in our Norwalk Headquarters to complete your application. You can also fill out and print the Corporation or Partnership Registration as Unlawful Detainer Assistant application and bring it with you to your appointment. You must make an appointment before you arrive.

In-Person Appointment

An Unlawful Detainer Assistant registration is required for those who, for compensation, render assistance or advice for members of the public who are representing themselves in an unlawful detainer matter.

Unlawful Detainer Assistant registration appointments can be scheduled up to three (3) weeks in advance.

Book On MyTime


The registrant must appear in person and meet the following requirements:

  • Corporate officers or general partners must possess a valid, government issued, picture identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
  • Present a bond in the amount of $25,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date
  • Corporate officers or general partners must not be disqualified to register based on the information required on the application, pursuant to Business and Professions Code § 6402 & 6403(c)(3), (c)(4), (c)(5) & (c)(6)

An identification card will be issued at the time of registration. No photo will be taken.


Corporate/Partnership Unlawful Detainer Assistant Registration Fees

Service Fee

Corporation/Partnership Unlawful Detainer Assistant Registration

(includes the recording/filing fee of a single-sided, single-page bond but may vary)

Each additional page of the bond $3
Replacement identification cards $10
Icon - Close