Skip to Content

Information on Adoption/Name Changes

Couple Holding Baby

If you are requesting a copy of a birth record of a child who has been adopted or had a legal name change, you may order from the CA Department of Public Health, as well as the RRCC. Please ensure you check the "ADOPTED" box on the application.

California Department of Public Health

Office of Vital Records

MS 5103. P.O. Box 997410

Sacramento, CA 95899-7410

(916) 445-2684

Icon - Close