Skip to Content

Who Can Obtain Copies of Military Discharge Records

In accordance with California law, only the following individuals are allowed to obtain a certified copy of a Military Discharge (DD214) record after showing photo identification are:

  • Veteran named on the discharge
  • Family member of the veteran
  • Legal representative of the veteran
  • Government agency providing veteran's benefits
Icon - Close